Facilities & Environment
The school is in a large and impressive red-brick building. It dates back to 1885, and was a factory of AEG (General Electricity Company). It was one of the first factory buildings supposed to fulfil an aesthetic purpose as well as providing functionality. The second wing of the building is occupied by the Institute for Biotechnology of the Technical University of Berlin and the University for Media, Communication and Business (HMKW). Two inner courtyards attached to the Phorms part of the building have a separate entry and are exclusively for the use of our Phorms students.
We are very proud of our three state-of-the-art gyms which are used for various sport activities. Additionally, the spacious library supplies all Phorms students with suitable reading material.
Directly opposite our building is Gartenplatz square which provides a green area, a playground and a soccer field. We make use of this valuable space whenever possible to play, relax or do open-air teaching.